CHART SPOTLIGHT. No less than seven of the top ten entries of this week’s Swedish singles tally comes from Melodifestivalen. Eric Saade is still leading the pack with “Popular,” still trailed by Danny Saucedo’s “In the Club.” Leapfrogging from 10-3, Swingfly’s “Me and My Drum” manages to beat Sara Varga’s (11-4) and The Moniker’s (15-5) entries. This mean that the whole top five consists of sole schlager entries.
WelcheMusic ranks the final results below with current peak positions in brackets.
- Eric Saade – Popular (1)
- Danny Saucedo –In the Club (2)
- The Moniker – Oh My God (5)
- Sanna Nielsen – I’m in Love (32)
- Swingfly – Me and My Drum (3)
- The Playtones – The King (34)
- Linda Bengtzing – E det fel på mig (15)
- Nicke Borg – Leaving Home (9)
- Sara Varga – Spring för livet (4)
- Brolle – 7 Days and 7 Nights (48)
- Christian Walz – Like Suicide (30)
- Linda Pritchard – Alive (31)
- Love Generation – Dance Alone (26)
(Peak positions as of today.)
Eric Saade’s “Manboy” re-enters the tally at No.60. Britney Spears’ “Till the World Begins” is the highest new entry at No.23. The Playtones bows at No.34 with “The King.” The parent album Rock’n’roll Is King bows atop the album chart, knocking September’s Love CPR off the throne. Danny Saucedo’s album In the Club bows at No.3. Sanna Nielsen also achieves a top ten album position with I’m In Love.